Position Holder: Andrew Long
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The President is the leader and ambassador of the club. They are to be a positive and inspirational figurehead to members and the wider community.
They are to lead the club with a vision of growth, both in membership numbers and in the personal development.
The President should come into office with both an ambitious set of goals for the club and a plan on how they will be achieved.
They will be an inclusive and consensus building leader, that involves as many members of the club in club projects and activities, while ensuring that projects are well promoted and organised.
In short, they are to be a role model for members in everything they do. They are to set an example – be the “best” member.
- Prepare club plan/vision for the year with Board of Directors and work with Directors to ensure successful implementation
- Serve as the primary touch point for Directors to help solve problems and give support
- Ensure board members are provided with training required to effectively serve in their roles
- Serve as a communication bridge between the Club, Club members, Board members, the District Rotaract Representative, the District Leadership Team and our sponsoring Rotary Clubs
- Work with Secretary, Vice President and Board to maintain club operations and establish meeting schedules and calendar of events. Ensure appropriate balance of activities between Service, Social & Self Development.
- Have a working knowledge of the Rotaract Constitution, Club By-laws and their inherent requirements
- Present an Annual Report to our sponsoring Rotary Clubs and the District Rotaract Representative
- Coordinate with the District Interact Representative
- Coordinate at least 4 board meetings per year, and draft an agenda for each meeting.
- Hold board members accountable to their tasks, and render guidance, support and assistance where required
- Attend all district Rotary and district Rotaract meetings, or send a representative
- Report contact details of the newly elected board to Rotary International and other clubs
- Oversee administrational process improvement
- Take on the Immediate Past President role upon completion of Presidential term by providing guidance to the club where required